Uploading Files to Salesforce
- In XL-Connector Enterprise Admin: under Edit Flow -> Spreadsheet Settings
- In XL-Connector Personal Edition: under Settings -> DML
As we all know, Salesforce is moving away from Attachments, and instead lets you upload Files. The process has not become easier, however.
XL-Connector Enterprise Admin takes the complexity out of this process and lets you upload any number of files to Salesforce easily. The process below outlines the steps that you need to take to upload a list of files to Salesforce and associate them with the required records.
- First, you’ll need to prepare the sheet where your files will be loaded from. This is done by simply clicking on the Upload Files -> Prepare Spreadsheet button:
- A new worksheet will be created containing an empty table that you can fill out with your file information:
- Fill out the table with the list of files you want to upload and click on Upload Files -> Upload Files to Salesforce button:
If you don’t want to link an uploaded file back to a Salesforce record or library, leave the corresponding cell empty in the Parent Id and/or Library Id column.
That’s it! Your files will get uploaded to Salesforce and linked to the records specified in the Parent Id column and/or placed to the library specified in the Library Id column.