Logging out of a Salesforce account in Google Data Studio
Google Data Studio Connector for Salesforce
Unfortunately, Google Data Studio provides a very limited number of user interface elements that we can use, and that results in some limitations.
One of the major limitations currently, that it is not easy to switch to a different Salesforce organization or account once you’ve logged in to one from Data Studio Connector.
At this point the only way to do it is to revoke access for the Google Data Studio Connector for Salesforce connected app from inside of Salesforce settings.
Note: please ask your Salesforce admin to do this for you if you don’t have access to the settings described below.
Here are step-by-step instructions on how to do it:
- In your Salesforce instance, go to Setup.
- Type in “Connected” in the quick search box, and then click on Connected Apps oAuth Usage.
- In the Connected Apps oAuth Usage screen, locate Data connector for Salesforce app, and click on the User Count number in the corresponding line:
- In the subsequent screen, click on Revoke next to the user that you want to log out of Salesforce in the Data Studio Connector.
- Once access is revoke, the user will need to re-authenticate in Salesforce, and at that point they can choose a different Salesforce org or account to log in to.