You can link one or several XL-Connector templates (.xlsx or .xlsm files) to each standard or custom object type in Salesforce (e.g. Account, Contact, etc.). To do that you’ll first need to upload the template as a File to Salesforce and note the Salesforce Id(s) of the uploaded file(s).
After that, do the following:
- Click on Setup -> Custom Metadata Types:
- Click on Manage Records for the XappexFilesSetting custom metadata type:
- Click on New to create a new custom metadata record, then specify the following settings:
– Label. This field must contain the exact API of the object that you’d like the users to be able to download XL-Connector templates from.
– XappexFilesSettingName. This field will be populated automatically with the Label value.
– File Id. Specify this only if you would like to link a single file to the specific object. The field needs to contain the Id of the file that will be linked. If you want the user to be presented with a list of files to choose from, leave this field empty and specify the list of file Ids in the Component Files, comma-separated.
– File Name. You can specify the exact template file name instead of Id using this field.
– Component Files. If you want the user to be presented with a list of files to choose from, leave this field empty and specify the list of file Ids in the Component Files, comma-separated. This will be the list of files shown in the VisualForce component, if you choose to place it on the page layout instead of the ‘Get XL-File’ button. This list of files will be also available in the Lightning component.