Enabling Multi-factor Authentication for a Salesforce User
To enable Multi-factor Authentication for a user, please follow the instructions below:
- Go to Setup -> Manage Users -> Permission Sets and click New to create a new permission set.
- Specify the name for the new permission set (e.g. MFA) and click Save
- Click on Edit and then on System Permissions or directly enter ‘Multi-factor’ in the search box to find the corresponding settings:
- Enable the Milti-Factor Authentication for API Logins and User Interface Logins:
- Assign the permission set to the user by going to user settings -> Permission Sets and clicking on the Edit Assignments. Then assign the newly created permission set to the user: