- Show Remaining Articles ( 5 ) Collapse Articles
G-Connector for Zoho CRM
Looker Studio Connector
What is the difference between XL-Connector and XL-Connector 365?
Main differences between XL-Connector and XL-Connector 365:
- XL-Connector 365 works in any Excel (Excel for Windows, Excel for Mac, Excel Online), while XL-Connector only works on Windows
- XL-Connector 365 can perform automatic data pulls and pushes offline in an Excel file stored on OneDrive or SharePoint. XL-Connector cannot do that, it’s a locally installed tool that works only when Excel is running.
- XL-Connector has the ability to work with VBA, which makes it more flexible in creating complex automation tasks.
- XL-Connector has a set of admin-specific features dealing with Salesforce metadata that are not available in XL-Connector 365.
XL-Connector is a COM addin that was created by Xappex back in 2013.
It is a piece of software that needs to be installed on a local computer to appear in the Excel ribbon. Since COM add-ins are not supported by Excels on any other platform than Windows – XL-Connector can be used on Windows computers only.
Once installed, it shows up in the XL-Connector ribbon tab in Excel:
XL-Connector 365 is the new type of Microsoft Excel add-ins that are supported across all platforms where Excel can be used.
It is a cloud app that can be installed from Microsoft AppSource. Once installed, the shortcuts to the main add-in functions will show up in the XL-Connector 365 ribbon tab in Excel:
Clicking on any of the shortcuts will open the main plug-in window as a side pane in Excel:
Apart from UI differences, there are some functional differences as well.
- Schedule automatic offline data refresh, mass-updates, and mass record creation
- 2-way VBA interaction
- Salesforce Fields Manager
- Field-Level Security Manager
- Layout Analyzer
- Field Utilization Calculator
- Picklist Values Manager
- Validation Rules Manager
- Workflow Rules Manager
- Custom Metadata Manager
- Flows and Processes manager
- Picklists manager
- Fields manager
- Field-level Security manager
- Object Access manager
- Tab Visibility manager