- Show Remaining Articles ( 5 ) Collapse Articles
G-Connector for Zoho CRM
Looker Studio Connector
Mass-managing Salesforce Fields
Use Excel to Manage your Object Fields in Salesforce
Announcing another great addition to our Windows version of XL-Connector (COM add-in): a new tool to mass create/update/delete fields in Salesforce directly from your Excel spreadsheet.
If you are a Salesforce admin struggling with a lot of custom objects and fields, you’ll save hours of your time if you give XL-Connector a shot.
Now you can quickly download all fields from a certain object edit them, and upload them back.
To start, click on the Other Tools -> Manage Fields ribbon item in XL-Connector:
A dialog box will be displayed to download fields for any of the objects in your org:
Once downloaded, all fields will appear in your Excel spreadsheet making it possible to edit any of their attributes:
- Click on the Refresh button up in the XL-Connector ribbon to re-pull all fields from Salesforce.
- To create new fields, add rows at the end of the table, select the new rows, and click on the Update or Update Selected button up in the XL-Connector ribbon. You can also use Update All button that you’ll find under the Update button in the XL-Connector ribbon.
- To update existing fields, make your changes to the attributes, select the corresponding rows, and click on Update or Update Selected button up in the XL-Connector ribbon. You can also use Update All button that you’ll find under the Update button in the XL-Connector ribbon.
- To delete fields, delete the corresponding rows from the table, click on the little arrow under the Update button up in the XL-Connector ribbon, and select Update All.