Installation of XL-Connector was created to be smooth and easy.
- It’s best to stop Excel before you do the install, but if it’s running – you’ll need to restart it after the installation is completed.
- Click on the setup.exe file you downloaded and click through the wizard pages.
- The installer may have to install some Microsoft libraries for XL-Connector to work. The Visual Studio Tools for Office Runtime and the .Net Framework version 4.5 will install themselves if necessary. The .Net install can take quite a while — don’t worry, it just works.
- On some systems (particularly WinXP), the install of .Net requires a system reboot — so if you see .Net installing itself you should save your work in any applications that are open. If the reboot is required, the installer will automatically restart itself and continue.
- When it’s completed, restart Excel if it was running during the install. Look in the menu bar for a new ribbon called “XL-Connector.”
- There’s nothing to install or set up on the Salesforce side. XL-Connector works with Platform, Group, Professional, Enterprise, and Unlimited editions of Salesforce.com.