Attention: the installation procedure described here will only work if you have admin rights to your Windows account (can install software). If you need to ask a local administrator to install software – please use different instructions here: Installing XL-Connector by Administrator
Also, we’ve noticed that on some Windows 10 machines single-user installation results in the plug-in not being recognized by Excel. If you install it under Windows 10 using the setup.exe file and it doesn’t show up in the list of installed add-ins, please uninstall the plug-in from Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs and install the admin package as described here: Installing XL-Connector by Administrator
Installing XL-Connector for a single Windows user account (you must have admin privileges to your user account)
- It’s best to stop Excel before you do the install, but if it’s running – you’ll need to restart it after the installation is completed.
- Download the installation package from the following link: https://www.xappex.com/downloads/setup.exe
- Double-click the setup.exe file you downloaded and click through the wizard pages.
- The installer may have to install some Microsoft libraries for XL-Connector to work. The Visual Studio Tools for Office Runtime and the .Net Framework version 4.5 will install themselves if necessary. The .Net install can take quite a while — don’t worry, it just works.
- On some systems (particularly WinXP), the install of .Net requires a system reboot — so if you see .Net installing itself you should save your work in any applications that are open. If the reboot is required, the installer will automatically restart itself and continue.
- When it’s completed, restart Excel if it was running during the install. Look in the menu bar for a new ribbon called “XL-Connector.”
- There’s nothing to install or set up on the Salesforce side. XL-Connector works with Platform, Group, Professional, Enterprise, and Unlimited editions of Salesforce.com.