Starting from version 126.96.36.199, XL-Connector gives you the ability to download and upload custom metadata records.
Downloading All Records From a Custom Metadata Object
- Click on Other Tools -> Load Custom Metadata -> Download Custom Metadata:
- A dialog box will be displayed allowing you to select a custom metadata object and download all records from it.
Updating Existing Custom Metadata Records
- Once custom metadata has been downloaded, you can edit the field values right in the spreadsheet and then update them in salesforce by clicking on either Other Tools -> Load Metadata -> Update Selected Rows or Update All Rows.
Creating New Custom Metadata Records
You can also use the downloaded custom metadata sheet to create new metadata records:
- Add new rows at the end of the data populating all the fields you want to upload.
- Create them in Salesforce by selecting the new rows and clicking on either Other Tools -> Load Metadata -> Update Selected Rows.